|Full name||Blair Cornelia Bass (née Waldorf)|
|Nickname(s)||B, Queen B, Waldorf, Princess B|
|Birthplace||Manhattan,New York City, NY|
|Birthday|| November 15, 1990 (Television Series)
November 15, 1991 (Novel)
|Occupation|| Student at
(at Constance; graduated)
(at Waldorf Designs)
Socialite and philanthropist
|Family|| Chuck Bass (Husband)|
Henry Bass (son)
|Romances|| Chuck Bass (Husband)|
|Friends|| Serena Van Der Woodsen (best friend)|
|Enemies|| Beatrice Grimaldi (Frenemies)|
|Portrayed by||Leighton Meester|
|Last appearance||"New York, I Love You XOXO"|
"Well, uh, she's best friends with this girl, Blair Waldorf, who is basically everything I hate about the Upper East Side distilled into one 95-pound, doe-eyed, bonmot-tossing, label-whoring package of girly evil. "
- Dan Humphrey
Blair is regarded as the "Queen Bee" of the Upper East Side. Her husband is Chuck Bass the love of her life and her best friend is Serena Van Der Woodsen. She is also good friends with Nate Archibald and Dan Humphrey.
Appearance and Style
Blair is considered the most glamorous and beautiful person in the Upper East Side. She is the daughter of a successful fashion designer, Eleanor Waldorf, which contributes to her notable fashion sense. In the novel series, she is described as a striking brunette, and never loses her position as Queen Bee. Amidst Season 2 of the TV series, she was voted the most beautiful female lead by readers of Glamour.com. Additionally, her wardrobe continually garnered real-life acclaim during the early seasons.Though naturally beautiful, and much-admired, Blair, being an overachiever, enjoys making an effort to catch eyes, often wearing classic, Audrey Hepburn-inspired designer clothes. At times, she also feels challenged by her friend Serena, the similarly admired former Queen Bee. This sometimes creates a comical paranoia in Blair, leading to questions of perception versus reality. However, it is ultimately Blair who remains Queen Bee of the social scene, both during Serena's absence and after her return, in each version of Gossip Girl. How to Dress like Blair.
"There's only one queen bitch in this town and that's me"
"That girl is fiercely strong. Independent. Outspoken. Beautiful. Capable of anything...and no man or magazine should be able to take that away from her."
Despite leading a privileged and prominent lifestyle, Blair is generally characterized as a comical overachiever. At times, Blair's ambition can lead her to embrace a haughty and scheming side. Generally speaking, Blair is ruled by her insecurities, despite a confident exterior, usually caused by her feeling inferior to Serena. While she's regarded as being extremely knowledgeable, Blair seldom leaves success to chance, or to her own talents, and usually works to sabotage her competition. Typically, Blair finds rivals in most females, including (and sometimes especially) Serena, her best friend. A result of this insecurity, Blair does not trust easily, and when she does is always tremendously hurt when she feels betrayed. However, despite her manipulative and often ruthless behavior, she is revealed to have a sensitive and loving nature as well.This side is revealed time and time again especially when Blair must come to the defense of someone she cares about. Notably, this protective, warm side is evoked by Serena or Chuck. Blair also seldom gives up on those that she cares about, as evidenced when Chuck was grieving his father's death and she continually came to his aid, even when rebuffed. Romantically speaking, Blair generally finds herself conflicted by her own expected desires and what she truly wants. With the exception of Chuck (and Dan in season 5), Blair almost always pursues relationships with men who offer a status symbol (Nate having been a handsome Archibald, or the royal titles that accompanied Lord Marcus or Prince Louis). Despite her social-climbing agenda within her love-life, Blair seems happiest when she has someone to spar with, and is usually at her best with a romantic partner who challenges her.
In the novel series Gossip Girl Blair Waldorf is the daughter of Harold Waldorf , a rich lawyer and Eleanor Waldorf , a wealthy heiress from an Upper East Side family. Blair's father was caught cheating on Eleanor with another man named Giles, which caused Eleanor to divorce him. Harold soons moves to France with Giles, leaving Eleanor and Blair on the Upper East Side. Blair grew up being best friends with Serena Van der Woodsen and Nate Archibald . Soon Blair's mother meets a guy named Cyrus Rose , a rich architect. Blair can not stand Cyrus and wishes he and his son Aaron Rose would just disappear from their lives. But unfortunately for Blair, Cyrus and Eleanor get married and soon get pregnant with a little girl named Yale(Blair's choice). Blair is dating Nate Archibald in the first book until she finds out Serena slept with him, making her angry at both of them. She soons lets the anger go by book two and the three are all friends again. Later down the line Blair gets in her dream school Yale University and graduates. While in college she briefly dates Chuck Bass but it ends quickly. At the end of the series she and Serena are at odds when they both date Nate until they both decide to let him go and move on with their lives. Blair loves shopping at Barney's, Bendel's, and Bergdorf's. She and her father both love shoes, their favorite designer is Christian Louboutin. She loves Audrey Hepburn and her favorite movies are Breakfast at Tiffany's and Roman Holiday.
- She makes her first appearance. She finds out that Serena and Nate had sex behind her back and they never told her (Pilot)
- Blair tries to have sex Nate but catches Serena waiting for him in the hotel room.To get revenge, she tells Dan that Serena had sex with Nate (The Wild Brunch)
- Blair and Serena make up and put the past behind them (Poison Ivy)
- She has her first conversation with Dan.(Bad News Blair)
- Blair hosts her annual soiree, and invites Jenny into her posse (Dare Devil)
- Blair breaks up with Nate (The Handmaiden's Tale)
- Nate and Blair break up, and she ends up losing her virginity to Chuck in the back of his limo (Victor Victrola)
- It's Blair's 17th birthday, and after Nate doesn't show up, Chuck admits that he has feelings for her, and they hook up again. (Seventeen Candles)
- She ends her relationship with Chuck and has sex with Nate for the first time (Hi,Society)
- Harold and Roman visit New York for Christmas, Blair finally accepts Roman into the family (Blair Waldorf Must Pie)
- Blair attends the illegal pool party at Constance Billard (School Lies)
- Blair takes a pregnancy test but it's negative. Everyone finds out that Blair had sex with Nate and Chuck within the same week, and she is publicly humiliated.Nate breaks up with her,and Chuck is done with her.She nearly leaves for France (A Thin Line Between Chuck and Nate)
- Blair returns to school after her scandal (The Blair Bitch Project)
- Blair takes the S.A.T test and sabotages Nelly Yuki (Desperately Seeking Serena)
- Blair is back to being the queen of her posse, and she publicly humiliates Jenny (All About My Brother)
- Blair gets Georgina sent to reformatory camp.She rekindles her relationship with Chuck and leaves for Tuscany (Much 'I Do' About Nothing)
As the season ends, Blair crowns Jenny the new queen of Constance Billard School. In the season finale, it is discovered that Blair slept with Chuck's uncle Jack and that Chuck had slept with Vanessa Abrams. Chuck then departs for Europe. He later returns to New York and reconciles with Blair while declaring his love for her, and the two finally begin a committed relationship.
She later transfers to Columbia University, and learns that an emotionally reformed Chuck was responsible for her enrollment. They later team up as part of a role-playing scheme to help Serena's mother and Chuck's adopted mother, Lily. In the season finale, Chuck attempts to propose to Blair, but is interrupted by Dan, who reveals that Chuck had slept with Jenny. Two weeks later, Blair and Serena depart for Paris intending to spend the summer together.
Blair then teams up with Dan when the two share common goals. They also end up working together at W. magazine, where friction develops between the two.On Valentine's Day, she discovers that Chuck has romantic feelings for Raina Thorpe, the daughter of his business rival. Later, she and Dan spend the evening talking on their cell phones while watching Rosemary's Baby. Blair later quits W. and is shown asleep with Dan in his Brooklyn flat. Later, upon growing curious of their feelings for one another, Blair and Dan share a kiss before the mid-season hiatus.
Blair eventually decides that she wants to be with Chuck, but shuns him once again after he tries to humiliate Dan.She is later courted by a prince from Monaco named Louis. During a private confrontation, a drunken Chuck punches a window after he finds out Prince Louis has proposed to Blair, which cuts Blair's face as it shatters. Afterward, Blair chooses to accept a proposal from Louis. Blair later attempts to warn Chuck about potential trouble in his family. She is then abducted by an enemy of the Basses, Raina's father Russell Thorpe. Chuck later rescues Blair and apologizes for his violent actions. Following a night out together, the two have sex before Chuck advises Blair to return to Louis, believing that she will be happier with him. However, the season ends with the revelation that Blair may be pregnant.
Though she insists that she is in love with Louis, Blair begins to seek Chuck out as the season progresses. The two eventually declare their love for each other prior to a car accident. Though both recover, Blair suffers a miscarriage from the crash. At the wedding, Gossip Girl releases a recording of Blair confessing her love for Chuck. Nevertheless, Louis and Blair get married, though Louis informs her that they will have a loveless marriage of convenience. She then receives support from Dan, leading them to share a kiss on Valentine's Day. Amidst these developments, Blair grows conflicted between her feelings for Dan and Chuck. After taking steps to end her marriage, she chooses to begin a romantic relationship with Dan. By the end of the season, however, after a debate about which love is the best—with Dan she feels safe, with Chuck she feels vulnerable—Blair declares that she is still in love with Chuck, and chooses to pursue him.
- If you really want something, you don't stop for anyone or anything until you get it.
- I'm not a stop along the way. I'm a destination.
- The most important parties to attend are the ones you're not invited to.
- Destiny is for losers. It's just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.
- Every voice in my head screamed, "don't," but I didn't listen. I followed my heart because I love you.
- I've tried so hard to be a Serena but I just can't help being a Blair.
- I'm sick of always looking like Darth Vader next to Sunshine Barbie.
- You can't make people love you, but you can make them fear you.
- Fashion is the most powerful art there is. It's movement, design, and architecture all in one. It shows the world who we are and who we'd like to be.
- I lost my true self but I want to be found.
- If you want to be a part of this world, people will talk. Eventually, you need to decide if all this is worth it.
- Feelings never do make sense. They get you all confused. Then they drive you around for hours before they drop you right back where you started.
- Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.
- Once men have tasted caviar; it baffles me how they settle for catfish.
- It takes more than even you to destroy Blair Waldorf.
Hobbies / Skills
- Charity/ Fundraising Work - Blair has been shown to be involved in numerous fundraising events because she comes from a wealthy family, and she cares about having a good reputation.Even though she mainly participates in these events / groups to benefit her status, she still makes an effort and succeeds.She is the chair of the community outreach committee.It's revealed that she would like to spend her time helping children's charities.
- She took Art as a subject in school
- She takes a drug called Lexapro which is used to stop depression and anxiety
- She spends most of her summers in Southampton
- When she was 9, she tackled Senator Schumer's daughter for wearing a Harvard sweatshirt at a Yale football game
Blair is very spoiled brat and snobbish but can often be a smart and jealous character with a sensitive side that manages to grab the hearts of many when she is featured on the TV show. Blair is a little bit of everything being innocent and slutty, stupid and smart, ugly and pretty and young and old all at the same time. She is 'the centre of the Gossip Girl chess game' and involved in most of the love triangles on the show.
Serena & Blair's Friendship
Although Blair is the queen bee of Manhattan's social scene she is the character than you often feel sorry for as she is best friends with Serena Van der Woodsen, who manages to steal her limelight and boyfriend. In Season One Blair tries to mend her relationship with Nate, but Serena always seems to get in the way. This is the same again when Blair's Mom chooses Serena over her own daughter (Blair) to be the model for the release of her new fashion line as it goes public. Their friendship is based around competitiveness for boys, popularity and beauty, with Serena usually coming out on top. Despite this Blair's perception of Serena often exaggerates her beauty as in the books it talks about them being equally as hot and pretty. This struggle for power often causes great upset for Blair and creates anger and distance between her and Serena.
Fashion & School
Due to the fact that her Mom is a fashion designer she has a range of styles, some inspired by famous actresses such as Audrey Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe (which are Blair's favourites) ,but mostly it focuses on the preppy-sexy look which she can always effortlessly pull off. In unison with this Blair is focused on school and strives to get the best SATs scores possible, but unfortunately does not get into Yale, her dream school. This is a surprise to her as she does more extra curriculars than most teens and is a comical over achiever in all aspects of school life.
Her one true love throughout the TV series is Chuck Bass, the rather rebellious, but handsome best friend of Nate Archibald. As she previously dated Nate 'since Kindergarten' this causes upset, but Nate manages to move on. Chuck and Blair's relationship is a rather bumpy and frustrating one, they both love each other, but refuse to be together as they feel they don't suit. Chuck also struggles to commit to Blair which also makes things difficult for the two of them. They share an unusual love-hate relationship, but as all good love stories should they manage to work things out. Another prominent love interest of Blair's is Prince Louis who she falls pregnant with, but later loses the baby. She originally loved the idea of being a princess, but realises there are sacrifices she must make and gets stuck in a sticky situation. Unusually she also dates Dan for a small period of time, but as she becomes stuck in another love triangle she chooses Chuck over him.
Scheming and Plotting
Blair Waldorf is also known as the queen on scheme, along with Chuck Bass as her accomplice. She manages to embarrass and frame most of her friends throughout the series with her clever tricks and unpredictable and dramatic moves. Due to the fact she is sneaky and often gets others to do her dirty work she often comes out on top and usually gets what she wants.
There is a mean streak in her though, in the majority of Season One Jenny Humphrey acts as her slave and she bosses her minions around just as much until they all finally turn against her. As she wins them back she treats them exactly the same again, not learning from her mistakes which is a surprise for Blair. She may always seem that she is on top, but underneath she is insecure about her social status. This anxiety creates flaws in her character causing her to lash out and hurt others.
Most of her more evil actions can be blamed on the many hardships and betrayals she has endured and like most of the characters on Gossip Girl it is many. A few key examples are Serena sleeping with her boyfriend; Nate, her Dad being gay and divorcing her Mom, losing her baby in a car crash, Chuck sleeping with Jenny, her Mom barely being at home, struggling from previous bulimia problems, constantly being second best and the perpetual scrutiny from Gossip Girl. Although Blair seems to have the wrong motives, her evil actions stem from the pressure and stress of her lifestyle and like so many others in her positions she struggles to cope at times.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found