Chuck In Real Life is the 7th episode of the second season and the 25th overall.
There's nothing quite like autumn in New York. But it's not only the leaves that change. Something in the air brings out the true colors in everyone.
Vanessa uses the scandalous picture of Catherine and Marcus to blackmail Blair into being a nicer person, so Blair seeks revenge by enticing Chuck to seduce Vanessa. Eric introduces his new boyfriend Jonathan to Serena and Blair. Lily and Bart throw an extravagant housewarming party and expect their children to make them proud in front of the attending press, but a rebellious Serena isn't ready to play by their rules. Meanwhile, Dan and Jenny discover a big secret that Nate has been keeping from his friends.
Cultural References Edit
- 1 Oak - Serena says she's going to this nightclub
- Bijoux - Serena says she's going to this lounge
- Brooks Brothers - Dan says Nate has a lot of these shirts made by this luxury brand
- Dutch Schultz - Dan mentions this famous criminal mobster
- Gibson - Dan says that he broke Rufus's guitar from this company
- Instyle - Lily introduces employees from this magazine to her guests
- J Sisters - Blair texts Chuck that she's on the way to this beauty salon, most likely getting a bikini wax
- Pain Quotidien - Vanessa mentions this french bakery
- Savile Row - Horace notices that Chuck's suit is from this luxury brand
- Scattergories - Dan tells Nate they will be playing this creative-thinking game
- Whole Foods - Blair says that Vanessa should be at this supermarket
- Ibizia - Blair mentions how Lily went to this island
- Mustique - Blair mentions how Lily went to this island
Memorable Quotes Edit
Dan: Dad, will you please tell Jenny that I have guy friends.
Rufus: Of course he does.
Jenny: No, not including you.
Rufus: There's Cedric.
Jenny: Not including dolls.
Blair: Seduce and destroy.
Chuck: What's in it for me?
Blair: The thrill of the impossible.The only person Vanessa loathes more than me is you. It will be one for the ages. Maybe you're not up for it. If memory serves, you've had some mechanical problems.
Chuck: I'll just imagine she's you.
Chuck: We're inevitable, Waldorf.
Blair: Despite what attraction my body has for you, my brain knows better, and yours should too.
Chuck: Humphrey. Never a pleasure.
Dan: Oh good, we agree on something!
Jenny: It's so weird that you're on a team now. Pretty soon you're going to have actual guy friends.
Dan: What are you talking about? I have plenty of guy friends.
Jenny: Dan, I know that you're Mr. Soccer now, but you and I both know you prefer to hang out with girls.
Gossip Girl: One bad thing about making a deal with the devil is, he always comes to collect.
Bart: Did you get the little suit that I laid out for you, Serena?
Serena: That was for me? I thought the housekeepers got new uniforms.
Lily: Conservative, yes. But classic. Bart brought it from Paris. It had its own seat on his plane.
Serena: What’s next, no TV until after you finish your homework?
Eric: They’re just a few rules, Serena. Who watches TV on the TV anymore anyway?
Serena: It’s not about the rules, Eric. It’s about mom. When it’s just the three of us it’s fine. But anytime she gets a new guy she Stepfords out and lets him make all the decisions.
Blair: Poor Chuck. What is life without a friend to share it. Oh. It looks like you just lost yours to Dan Humphrey.
Chuck: Who cares. I’d rather talk about who you lost yours to anyway.
Blair: Uh uh. Been there, done that. Been decontaminated.
Chuck: Rum runner. Womanizer. Millionaire. He was my kinda guy.
Horace: They all used to come here here back in the day. Gangsters. Fighters. Musicians. Dangerous folks, no doubt. They had style. Something tells me you’d fit right in.
Chuck: That’s possibly the nicest thing anyone’s ever said to me.
Gossip Girl: Just like the seasons, people have the ability to change. It doesn’t happen very often but when it does it’s almost always right.Sometimes it takes what’s broken becoming whole again.Sometimes it takes opening up to new people and letting them in.But most times it takes just one person who is truly afraid to show what they feel.Getting an opportunity they never thought possible.
- Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen
- Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf
- Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey
- Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald
- Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey
- Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass
- Connor Paolo as Eric Vanderwoodsen
- Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams
- Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen
- Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey
- Kristen Bell as Gossip Girl
Recurring Stars Edit
- Amanda Setton as Penelope Shafai
- Nicole Fiscella as Isabel Coates
- Matt Doyle as Jonathan Henry
- Chuck Cooper as Horace Rogers
- Robert John Burke as Bart Bass
- Snowflakes by White Apple Tree Start of episode.
- Take Back the City by Snow Patrol Start of the party.
- One Week of Danger (Demo Version) by The Virgins Blair tells Chuck to come sleep with her after Vanessa leaves and walks away, leaving Chuck looking unhappy about the whole situation.
- Hard Times by Mildred Anderson Mr. Rogers tells Chuck to leave after Vanessa tells him about Blair's bet with Chuck.
- Psychotic Girl by The Black Keys Mr. Rogers and Chuck talk about Joe Kennedy at the speakeasy.
- Sea Out (Solo Piano Version) by Guillemots Last scene. Chuck and Blair are on the bed, Chuck tries to get Blair to say she loves him.
- Lies by The Black Keys This song isn't actually in the episode, not sure why CW listed it instead of Psychotic Girl.
- City Nights by Alain Whyte
- NYC Streets by Alain Whyte
- Martini Lounge by Alain Whyte