The Gossip Girl novel series was created by Cecily von Ziegesar and written by herself as well as by an unknown ghost writer. The name of the first novel in the series, Gossip Girl, is also the nom de plume of the narrator. It has also been adapted into a TV series airing on The CW and CTV. It spawned two spin-off book series, The It Girl and Gossip Girl: The Carlyles.
Published by Alloy Entertainment, the Gossip Girl series has been published in paperback with the twelfth in the series, prequel It Had To Be You, published in hardcover. The first eight books were written by von Ziegesar, while the remaining in the series were ghostwritten.
- 1. Gossip Girl
- 2. You Know You Love Me
- 3. All I Want Is Everything
- 4. Because I'm Worth It
- 5. I Like It Like That
- 6. You're the One That I Want
- 7. Nobody Does It Better
- 8. Nothing Can Keep Us Together
- 9. Only in Your Dreams
- 10. Would I Lie to You (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 11. Don't You Forget About Me (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 12. It Had to Be You (prequel to the series; written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- 13. I Will Always Love You (written by a GHOSTWRITER)
- Gossip Girl: Psycho Killer
- Gossip Girl: For Your Eyes Only
Serena van der Woodsen Blair Waldorf Dan Humphrey Chuck Bass Nate Archibald Jenny Humphrey Vanessa Abrahms Georgina Sparks Dorota Kishlovsky Lily Bass Rufus Humphrey Eleanor Waldorf Cyrus Rose Bart Bass Jack Bass
- Main article: Gossip Girl (TV series)
The Gossip Girl television adaption aired on The CW Television Network from 2007 until 2012. Josh Schwartz, the creator of The O.C., and Stephanie Savage served as executive producers for the project.
In the television series, Blake Lively plays Serena, Leighton Meester plays Blair, Chace Crawford plays Nate, Ed Westwick plays Chuck Bass, Penn Badgely plays Dan Humphrey and Taylor Momsenplays Jenny Humphrey. The show is based on the books but does not follow the same story line.