|Much 'I Do' About Nothing|
|Season 1, Episode 18|
|Air date||May 19, 2008|
|Written by||Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage|
|Directed by||Norman Buckley|
Woman on the Verge
Summer Kind of Wonderful
Blair takes matters into her own hands to help Serena with the manipulative and evil Georgina Sparks. Lily, while keeping Rufus in her mind, prepares for her wedding with Bart Bass that is designed to be the Upper East Side's social event of the year.
An unexpected guest shows up at Lily and Bart's wedding. Georgina goes somewhere where she can do no harm. Blair plans to go somewhere with Chuck.
Serena finally tells Dan the whole truth about what she used to be like, but can they trust each other again when so much has gone on? And do they still love each other despite all of the problems that have gone on and all of the differences between their lives?
Memorable Quotes Edit
- Gossip Girl: The only thing feared by the spawn of Satan, Mom and Dad. Leave it to Blair Waldorf to know that bitches don't just happen, they're made. By parents even more wicked than their offspring.
- Blair [to Dan]: Humphrey, you are a born liar!
- Dan: Thanks...I think.
- Chuck: I'd like to propose a toast. My father is someone who goes after what he wants. And Lily van der Woodsen was no exception. In typical Bass-man fashion, his pursuit was direct and at times not exactly subtle. One thing I learned from my father's courtship of Lily is the importance of perseverance. That in the face of true love you don't just give up, even if the object of your affection is begging you to. One thing I learned from Lily is the importance of forgiveness. She gave my father the gift of a second chance and, in kind, I watched him become someone actually worthy of that gift. And one day, I hope I'll be lucky enough to find someone who will do the same for me. To the happy couple!
- Gossip Girl: Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today, in the face of this company, to watch this man and this woman totally F things up. Excuse me, while I pull out a hanky and pass it to S. and D. Looks like I'm not the only one who cries at weddings.
- Blair: (to Georgina) Haven't you heard? I'm the crazy bitch around here.
- Rufus: I just got the call. Lincoln Hawk is hitting the road. We're opening for The Breeders. I guess that Luscious Jackson reunion didn't work out.
- Serena [to Dan]: I know it's my fault. I was just so scared.
- Dan: I get it. "Hey, I killed someone and I'm being blackmailed by a crazy girl pretending to be someone else" doesn't quite roll off the tongue.
- Georgina: Honestly, Dan, last night was fun but I didn't really know what it would all mean to you.
- Dan: Well I, I normally don't jump into things like that so when I do, it means a lot.
- Georgina: Me too, that's why I think we should be together forever...
- Dan: Georgina, look. Serena told me everything, alright? And I believe it.
- Georgina: No you don't understand. She, she was upset and jealous. I'm sure she told you all kinds of things to make you think the worst of me.
- Dan: No. Just, stop it.
- Georgina: I never meant for this to happen but, it did. And, I know you feel it too I mean, how else do you explain last night?
- Dan: I don't know. I don't know and I wish I could.
- Georgina: So you're just going to go back to Serena like nothing happened and just leave me all alone?
- Blair: Oh, you're not alone, G. I'm here now. And I brought some people who really really want to see you. I think you remember your parents. [Georgina's parents are introduced]
- Serena [to Dan]: So that's it then? It's just "Have a good summer, I'll see you back at school"?
- Dan: I guess. Yeah.
- Amelia [to Chuck]: What's this?
- Chuck: I was hoping we could discuss what you have planned for my room.
- Amelia: And who are you?
- Chuck: I'm Chuck Bass.
- Serena: I don't want to break up with you.
- Dan: Maybe...maybe I want to break up with you.
- Gossip Girl: They say love conquers all, but maybe love never met Georgina Sparks. Poor Humphrey. Looks like our resident moral compass isn't such a straight arrow after all.
- Blair: Looks like Nate isn't a fan of the fish... Or his date.
- Vanessa: Blair, I'm with Nate and you're at the singles table. Deal with it.
- Blair: I just feel sorry for you. Dating an Archibald is a tortured process. The endless supply of family drama, the fact that he never really got over Serena... Though, falling for someone who's in love with Serena, you already know how that feels, don't you?
- Serena: So, Tuscany with Chuck. Sounds romantic... minus the Chuck part.
- Blair: He invited me. In his father's private plane. And I was headed to France, so...
- Serena: So it's worth a week with Chuck to avoid airport security?
- Blair: Oh, don't worry. I'm gonna frisk him.
- Serena: Oh, B., gross!
- Blair: What can I say? He brings out the worst in me. And weirdly, I think I bring out the best in him. He's been a perfect gentleman this whole week.
- Serena: Is that why you're driving yourself to the airport?
- Blair: He wanted to see his dad before he left. Besides, we're taking the helicopter to Teterboro. I have to sit in the jump seat so that I can tell the pilot if I have any thoughts on his flying.
- Serena: Oh B., what's it gonna take to get you to relax?
- Blair: Chuuckk...
- Serena: Oh, God! My ears are bleeding! Make it stop!
- Gossip Girl: They say a leopard can't change his spots. But some things do change. The path not taken can become a road trip. Being grounded can lead to something groundbreaking. And whether they're sweating it out on the sultry sidewalks or cooling their heels in the Hamptons, no one does summer like New Yorkers. Grab your shades and your sunblock. This one looks like a scorcher. Until next time. You know you love me. XOXO, Gossip Girl.
- "Beautiful World" by Carolina Liar
- "The Ice Is Getting Thinner" by Death Cab for Cutie
- "Do You Wanna" by The Kooks
- "Time To Pretend" by MGMT
- "Bridal Chorus" by Wagner