O Brother, Where Bart Thou? is the 13th episode of the second season and the 31st overall.
More towers than Trump, more bucks than Bloomberg. Bart Bass definitely made his mark on Manhattan. The passing of a public figure can shake a whole town, but the real story is always the one happening in private, away from the headlines - at home.
The sudden death of Bart Bass shakes up the lives of all the families on the Upper East Side, especially Chuck and the van der Woodsens.
Bart's sudden demise shakes Chuck to his very core, sending him spiraling as he blames his stepmother Lily, Dan, and Rufus for killing his father. Blair and Nate rally to Chuck's defense even though Chuck rejects everyone from his life.
Although Blair is finally ready to say those three words to Chuck... he can't cope with her declaration and leaves the Upper East Side.
Meanwhile Dan decides to tell Serena how he feels when she decides to travel to Argentina with Aaron. Meanwhile, Cyrus and Eleanor get married. And although Rufus and Lily finally decide to come together, Cece drops a shocking secret that pries them apart once again.
Memorable Quotes Edit
Blair: I'm not maternal. I've just been spending too much time with Cyrus and I'm turning Jewish.
Blair: Only a masochist could love such a narcississt.
Dramatis Personae Edit
- Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen
- Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf
- Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey
- Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald
- Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey
- Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass
- Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams
- Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen
- Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey
Special Guest Stars Edit
Recurring Stars Edit
- Because of Kelly Rutherford's pregnancy starting to show, she is filmed only from the waist up from this point onward.
- According to the newspaper article about Bart Bass's death, his first wife and Chuck's mother was named Evelyn.