Pret-a-Poor-J is the 8th episode of the second season and the 26th overall.
Every girl fantasizes about finding her Prince Charming, but if that prince refuses to come... a girl has to take matters into her own hands.
Jenny befriends a young model, Agnes, who encourages Jenny to not only explore her wild side, but also confront her boss, Eleanor Waldorf, who is attempting to "borrow" Jenny's designs. Serena meets an artist, Aaron Rose, and realizes they have an instant chemistry. Blair attempts to seduce Chuck, but it proves tougher than she ever imagined.
Memorable Quotes Edit
Gossip Girl: What have we here? Jenny Humphrey caught in her knickers by Nate, her knight in shining Armani.
Nate: That was a bad scene, Jenny.
Jenny: No, it wasn't, okay? We were dancing in our underwear, not making a porno.
Nate: Not yet anyway!
Gossip Girl: Sometimes, the most important thing to know is when to get out and when to give in.
Serena: Can I help?
Aaron: Do you know how to weld?
Serena: I've seen Flashdance several times?
Agnes: Look, you can do whatever you want to do, but what do you think people will say when they see Jenny Humphrey has finally gone out on her own?
Jenny: Jenny Humphrey is so young to have her own line?
Agnes: Or, too bad Jenny Humphrey's stuff looks exactly like Eleanor Waldorf's.
Blair: I've been thinking about changing my signature scent. I've been trying out a new one, I can't decide if I like it. Would you mind?
Chuck: Smells a little like desperation.
Blair(to Serena): You have to help me destroy Chuck Bass!
Dan: I'll take that as my cue to leave.
Blair: Aww, you're very perceptive!
Blair: I was thinking I'd just disappear for awhile. Give him a taste of life without me.
Dan: No, that's a terrible idea. Don't disappear. Become unavoidable. Chuck may be a deviant but he's still a man. Drive him crazy. Wear him down. You should be good at that.
Blair: Look who finally got a little interesting.
Dan: I'm sure it's a fluke.
Dan: So,do you love him?
Blair: No, of course not.
Dan: So why don't you just say it to get what you want? Frat guys have been doing that since forever.
Blair: I can't! If I say it then Chuck wins.
Dan: But if you say it then you get him and you win.
Blair: I have an itch that only Chuck can scratch and he won't oblige unless I tell him I love him.
Dan: You need help getting Chuck to sleep with you? Really?
Blair(to Serena): You hear the judgment in his voice right now right?
Serena: He's working on that.
Blair(to Serena and Dan): Just because you two are making a doomed attempt at being friends doesn't mean I have to play the enabler.
Gossip Girl: Spotted: Upper East Side beauty laying down the gauntlet for her favorite beast. But careful Princess, it’s going to take more than a little leg to get this Prince to ravish you.
Blair: I just wanted to thank you for encouraging me to throw myself at Chuck. I can skip dinner now that I’m so full of humiliation. Chuck was completely unmoved.
Dan: Well are you sure he wasn’t just acting like it didn’t work?
Blair: Unfortunately there was no hard evidence of that. Literally. I didn’t even get the chance to show him my necklace tangled up in my hair. The nape of the neck is Chuck’s kryptonite.
Dan: Oh, that’s good to know. So he just got up abruptly and he left?
Blair: Like a Bass out of Hell.
Dan: Well then you’ve got him right where you want him. Trust me. He’s headed home. Intercept him.
Blair: I’ll let you know what happens.
Dan: Oh… please don’t.
Gossip Girl: Sorry J. But in the real world you can’t take a note to the principal when a drunken model eats your homework.
Eleanor: I should have known better than to give so much responsibility to a child.
Jenny: A child? I’m sorry, but this child seems to be the only one who can design anything that the buyers are remotely interested in.
Blair: Chuck just texted me. He wants to meet me on the roof.
Serena: The roof?
Blair: Well this way if he doesn’t say it back to me then I can just jump. And then he’ll be really sorry.
Serena: Oh no, don’t do it, B. You don’t want your obit to say you died in Brooklyn.
Dramatis Personae Edit
- Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen
- Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf
- Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey
- Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald
- Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey
- Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass
- Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams
- Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen
- Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey
Cultural References Edit
- Armani - Gossip Girl mentions this luxury brand when she calls Nate Jenny's 'Knight in shining Armani'
- Bloomingdales - Jenny mentions this luxury department store
- Charlize Theron - Blair says that this actress is the new face of Dior
- Flashdance - Serena says she's seen this movie several times
- Mets - Aaron mentions that his grandma is a huge fan of this baseball team
- MichaelAngelo - Dan mentions this Italian painter
- Nylon - Max mentions this fashion magazine
- Paper - Max mentions this fashion magazine
- Warren Buffet - Serena mentions this billionaire businessman
- Lake Geneva - Serena and Aaron attended summer camp here
- Rhode Island School of Design - Dan says that Rufus discovered Aaron Rose here
- "Crash and Burn Girl" by Robyn
- "Partie Traumatic" by Black Kids
- "With Light there is Hope" by Princess One Point Five
- "Walking in the Streets" by Mad Staring Eyes
- "Public Image" by Alphabeat
- "Robot Talk" by Alain Whyte
- "How Soon is Now?" by T.A.T.U.
- "Dark on Fire" by Turin Brakes