Season Six is the sixth and final season of Gossip Girl, the American teen drama based upon the book series by Cecily von Ziegesar and developed for television by Josh Schwartz and Stephanie Savage. The CW officially renewed the series for a sixth season on May 11, 2012. It was confirmed that it would be the show's final season and would consist of 10 episodes with the possibility of a retrospective. It aired at a new time, on Mondays at 9:00 PM and ran from October 8, 2012 to December 17, 2012.
- Blair and Serena seek to deal with the biggest roadblock in their friendship ever.
- Blair and Chuck try to achieve success on their own before they can finally be together.
- Nate struggles to keep The NY Spectator afloat.
- Ivy tries to bring down Lily with an unlikely ally.
- Chuck tries to take down his father, newly resurrected Bart Bass, and Blair tries to become a successful CEO at Waldorf Designs.
- The identity of Gossip Girl is finally revealed; as is what happens to everyone after a time jump.
- Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen (Appears in 10/10 episodes)
- Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf (Appears in 10/10 episodes)
- Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey (Appears in 10/10 episodes)
- Chace Crawford as Nathaniel Archibald (Appears in 10/10 episodes)
- Ed Westwick as Charles Bass (Appears in 10/10 episodes)
- Kaylee DeFer as Ivy Dickens (Appears in 8/10 episodes)
- Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen (Appears in 9/10 episodes)
- Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey (Appears in 9/10 episodes)
- Kristen Bell as Gossip Girl (Voice only and uncredited, 10/10 episodes)
- Connor Paolo as Eric van der Woodsen
- Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams
- Katie Cassidy as Juliet Sharp
- Desmond Harrington as Jack Bass
- Margaret Colin as Eleanor Waldorf
- Wallace Shawn as Cyrus Rose
- Zuzanna Szadkowski as Dorota Kishlovsky
- Nan Zhang as Kati Farkas
- William Baldwin as William van der Woodsen
- Tamara Feldman as Poppy Lifton
- Robert John Burke as Bart Bass
- Barry Watson as Steven Spence
- Sofia Black D'Elia as Sage Spence
- Yin Chang as Nelly Yuki
- Willa Holland as Agnes Andrews
- Ella Rae Peck as Lola Rhodes
- Sam Robards as Howard "The Captain" Archibald
- Alice Callahan as Jessica Leitenberg
- Andrea Gabriel as Amira Abbar
- Hina Abdullah as Iman Hassan
- Michael Bloomberg as himself
- Rachel Bilson as herself
- Lisa Loeb as herself
|01||Gone Maybe Gone||0.78||October 8, 2012|
|Blair and Chuck make a deal that involves putting their whole relationship on the line. Meanwhile, Dan returns from Italy after deciding to write a revealing book about the Upper East Side's scandals with Georgina's help. Nate is determined to take Gossip Girl down for good by trying to find her real identity. Also, the gang comes together to look for a missing Serena, but the search ends with surprising results.
|02||High Infidelity||0.78||October 15, 2012|
|While hosting her first high society party, Serena, along with Nate, discover something shocking about their dates. Meanwhile, a rival from Blair's past returns to impact her future as a fashion designer. Dan must choose if losing his integrity to get his new book released is worthy. Also, Chuck decides to dig up more dirt into Bart's past at the risk of destroying his marriage with Lily.
|03||Dirty Rotten Scandals||0.95||October 22, 2012|
|Feeling the pressure to make her first fashion show a success, a stressed out Blair must rely on help from an unlikely source, but some unexpected scheming causes a scandal on the runway. Meanwhile, Serena discovers that befriending Steven's disapproving daughter, Sage, is trickier than she thought. Nate publishes Dan's first serialized article in The Spectator, producing a serious threat to both Nate's paper and Dan's well being. Elsewhere, Chuck begins to look into the clue that Amira left behind, which may help uncover what his father is hiding.
Title reference: From the 1988 film, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
|04||Portrait of a Lady Alexander||0.66||November 5, 2012|
|Chuck’s continued investigation into his father’s dealings leads him to find the one person who can help reveal the truth about Bart. Serena and Steven decide to reveal their romantic histories but are still surprised by an unlikely run in. With The Spectator in jeopardy, Nate must make a difficult decision to keep it in business. Meanwhile, Georgina pushes Dan to choose a worthy person to date to boost his image, but he finds himself drawn in a different direction. Elsewhere, Ivy tries to persuade Rufus to go through unpacking a group of boxes that Lily had sent over to the loft after having all of his stuff from the apartment move out.
Title reference: From the 1996 film, The Portrait of a Lady.
|05||Monstrous Ball||0.73||November 12, 2012|
|After Eleanor gives her an ultimatum, Blair is even more determined to remedy Waldorf Designs’ problems by making a splash with a dress at the upcoming Cotillion, but a shocking revelation at the ball affects everyone. Serena becomes worried about Steven’s attitude toward her, but after some investigating she discovers the surprising reason why. Chuck finds an unlikely ally as he tries to drive a wedge between Bart and Lily’s relationship to help expose his father’s secret. Meanwhile, Dan publishes another article, but the effect is just the opposite of what he was hoping for. Elsewhere, Rufus learns about Ivy's inheritence as she continues to help him rebuild his life.
Title reference: From the 2001 film, Monster's Ball.
|06||Where the Vile Things Are||0.72||November 19, 2012|
Blair gets ready for her mother’s imminent arrival, but is unprepared for the set of demands her mother puts upon her. Serena volunteers to help Dan find a new place to live, but their time together brings up unexpected emotions. With Ivy’s help, Chuck discovers there is evidence incriminating his father in illegal activities and enlists the help of Nate to retrieve it. Meanwhile, Rufus and Ivy are excited about their art gallery opening until they find an empty RSVP list and must scramble to find another way to make the event a success.
Title reference: From the 2009 film, Where the Wild Things Are.
|07||Save the Last Chance||0.84||November 26, 2012|
Serena and Dan realize that they need to make amends with the people they have wronged. Blair has one last chance to prove to her mother her worth as CEO and with Serena's help, comes up with a plan to make her line a success. Chuck is close to getting the evidence he needs against his father, until one of his closest allies betrays him.
Title reference: From the 2001 film, Save the Last Dance.
|08||It's Really Complicated||0.79||December 3, 2012|
Serena and Dan decide to throw their first Thanksgiving together, inviting only their closest friends, but everyone seems to have their own agenda once there. Feeling defeated by his father, Chuck begins a downward spiral, leaving Blair to find a solution to his problems. Meanwhile, Dan has written his latest exposé, but he must make a tough decision whether to publish it, knowing it could destroy a close friendship.
Title Reference: From the 2009 film, It's Complicated.
|09||The Revengers||1.06||December 10, 2012|
After a run-in with an increasingly paranoid Bart, Blair grows alarmingly concerned for Chuck’s safety. However, feeling confident that his father will never hurt him, Chuck makes a deal that could change his life. Wanting to make things better for Chuck, Blair devises a plan with the help of Serena, Georgina, Ivy, and Sage to try and get what they need out of Bart. Meanwhile, Nate's financial dilemma finally lands him in a place that he never thought he would be.
Title Reference: From the 2012 film, The Avengers.
|10||New York, I Love You XOXO||1.55||December 17, 2012|
In a fashionable farewell to remember, everyone join forces for one last soiree, and the shocking identity of Gossip Girl is finally revealed. Serena decides to put her plans on hold and confront Dan. Georgina joins forces with Jack to help Chuck and Blair make a move that will change their relationship forever. Nate and Sage try to uncover the identity of Gossip Girl and William van der Woodsen returns to comfort Lily. Various characters from previous seasons make cameos, including Vanessa, Juliet, Agnes, Jenny, and Lola.
Title reference: From the 2009 film, New York, I Love You.
|Previous Season:||Next Season:|