|Season One, Episode 7|
|Air date||November 7, 2007|
|Written by||K.J. Steinberg|
|Directed by||Tony Wharmby|
|Episode Slogan||NOTHING WILL BE THE SAME|
The Handmaiden's Tale
"As you might have guessed, Upper East Siders, prohibition never stood a chance against exhibition. It's human nature to be free, and no matter how long you try to be good, you can't keep a bad girl down." Gossip Girl
After surviving the on-again/off-again nature of their new relationship, Serena and Dan finally acknowledge they are crazy about each other, despite their polar opposite worlds that constantly threaten to pull them apart.Chuck contemplates investing in a burlesque club in the hopes of making his hard-to-please father, Bart , proud of him. Nate confronts his father, Captain, about the drugs he found in the house, but his father denies having a problem.Jenny discovers a secret her father, Rufus, and mother, Alison, have been keeping from her. Finally, Blair is once again devastated by Nate's actions after Jenny reveals that Nate kissed her by accident thinking she was Serena.
Speaking of Bart Bass. He tells Lily that he wants to go public about their relationship, but Lily wants to tell her kids first. Chuck walks on them. Bart tells him to keep the secret from Serena and everyone else. Chuck changes the subject by bringing up his investment idea, and Bart is immediately pleased that Chuck is showing interest in something other than partying. Chuck is like a little boy, basking in the glow of his unaccustomed paternal approval.
Nate's parents make him check into drug rehab joints. Dartmouth dad says he'll make sure that Nate won't let him go to the center, and promises to flush his baggie of coke. We all know that this isn't going to happen. Dartmouth dad offers to talk about it with him over non-alcoholic drinks after school. At school, Nate finds Jenny to ask her not to tell Blair about what he said at the masked ball because he didn't really mean it anyway. He gives her a box of chocolates that he promptly gives to Blair when she shows up. Blair outs Jenny for being at the ball and tells her that she hates secrets.
- "Stripper " by Soho Dolls
- "So they say " by Classic
- "Ballad of an easy... " by David McConnel
- "Second Hand Lovers " by John Ralston
- "Just Love " by Warren
- "Release " by Miss Eighty 6
- "Photograph " by Air
- "Four Seasons - Concerto No. 4 'Winter' RV 297, II. Largo " by Vivaldi
- "Girl I Told Ya " by Valeria ft Aria
- "Whatever " by Elliot Smith
- "With Me " by Sum 41
Chuck( about Bart): He was born poor. I was born loaded. But if the only way to impress him is that I started with nothing, why doesn't he just take it all away?
Lily: Because he loves you. No good parent likes to see his child go without.
Chuck: I had the idea. I did the work. He tells me I can't be committed, and he's the one screwing a 25-year-old when he is supposed to be committed to you!
Bart (to Chuck): I came down here because I saw the effort you made. Do you want to impress me with your commitment on something? Try get a few A's at school ,and maybe a part time job.
Rufus: The new art piece projects up to the ceiling.
Lily: Oh, still doing anything to get a girl on her back, huh?
Eleanor: You need to look elegant for the Archibald dinner tomorrow night, so what do you think?
Blair: Yes, it would be very nice, if I was sailing up on the Mayflower.
Dan: I know it may not compare to a suite at the Ritz in Paris or a chalet in Aspen, and it might be a fire hazard, but...
Serena: It's perfect.
Blair: I saw your father get arrested. Why didn't you come to me? I would have listened.
Nate: I tried, Blair. But every time I tried, something has got your attention; a dinner party, you know, a masked ball.
Blair: Yeah, let's talk about that masked ball. Let's talk about how I was waiting for you to find me so that we can finally be together, you were confessing your feelings and kissing Serena. I thought I was doing everything right.
Nate: It's not your fault.
Blair: Do you love me? You should deal with your father. He needs you. You know what? I don't.
Blair (to Jenny): Game recognizes game, Little J. But you have to show more respect. This is the last time I've helped you. Next time you cross me, I won't be as forgiving.
Gossip Girl: Spotted -Bass drunk off his ass; at the Palace bar drinking away his woes and his investment capital.
Dan: Sex is meaningful, like art. And you don't rush art
Blair: So, I heard on Gossip Girl that you were having sex with Dan out here,in streaming video.
Serena: Oh,God. Kati and Is filmed us?
Blair: Well, it's all very high school musical scandalous. And no, they haven't streamed it yet. But, I heard it was aggressive.
Gossip Girl: Jenny Humphrey's rise to the penthouse has been short and sweet. But if she crosses Blair Waldorf, it's straight back to the basement.
Serena (to Dan): You know, you'd think that with all the money that we spend on this private school, they could at least give us a comfortable spot to make out.
Blair: You want your dad to invest in a strip joint. How midtown.
Chuck: A burlesque club. A respectable place where people can be transported to another time, feel free to let loose. No judgments, pure escape. What happens at Victrola, stays at Victrola.
Blair: Well, it does have franchise potential. Chuck Bass, I do believe that all your years of underage boozing and womanising have finally paid off. Truly, I am proud
- The three days that this episode is based around is September 17th to the 19th
- Cinderella - Blair calls Jenny Cinderella
- High School Musical - Blair mentions this movie when she says to Serena," It's very high school musical scandalous."
- The Mayflower - Blair mentions that Eleanor's dress would be nice, if she was sailing up on the mayflower, which is a historic ship.
- The New York Observer - Chuck shows Blair an article about his father in this newspaper
Food & Drink
- Chocolate - Nate gifts a box of chocolates to Blair. Blair mentions that she prefers the gold collection.
- Bellini - Chuck says that he washed down his omelette with a bellini cocktail.
- Humboldt Fog Cheese - Eleanor offers Howard some of this cheese, mentioning that it's quite good.
- Omelette - Chuck says that Alfonso made him an omelette for breakfast
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa - Anne says that she is late for her hair blow-out appointment at this luxurious spa, which is located on Fifth Avenue.
- The Hôtel Ritz Paris - Dan mentions this luxurious hotel when he says to Serena,"I know it may not compare to a suite at The Ritz in Paris.
- The Aspen Mountain Chalet - Dan mentions this chalet located in the mountains of Aspen when he says," I know it may not compare to a chalet in Aspen."