It's the day the Seniors have been waiting for-the day of early admission decisions to Ivy League universities. Blair is close to fulfilling her dream of going to Yale and has no doubt that she will be accepted.
Meanwhile there's a young new English teacher, Miss Rachel Carr at Constance Billard who has no idea what an Upper East Side prep schools are like. While she and Serena become good friends, Blair is enraged after Rachel gives her her first B and decides to haze her as punishment. Unfortunately Rachel gives Blair detention, putting Yale in jeopardy.
Although Serena had actually been accepted to Yale, she decides to sacrifice her acceptance for Blair and chooses Brown instead. This coupled with the fact that she and Dan share a sibling and parents who date, brings them to an end once more.
It is only once Chuck realizes he can't fight with Jack Bass alone, he asks Lily for help and hands over control of his father's company to her by legally becoming her stepson. Things come to a head at the opera that everyone attends when Jack tries to angrily rape Lily in revenge. Fortunately, Chuck gets to them in time to get rid of Jack, who returns to Australia.
Memorable Quotes Edit
Eric: (to Rufus and Lily kissing) I would say get a room but yours is right above mine! Please try and remember that!
Miss Queller: (to Blair) I've called you here this morning because Miss Carr told me what you did. You leave me no choice but to give you detention. Yale has been notified, your acceptance has been placed on hold. If you complete detention to my satisfaction, Yale will still be possible. But if you do not...
Chuck: If your people don't come up with anything, maybe we could try number 26.
Lily: (Reading from paper) Crash Jack in plane. (Laughs) The Bass jet is kind of expensive, Charles.
Chuck: There's insurance.
Penelope: The Devil would say you're already in Yale. You have security, now more than ever you can do what you want.
Isabel: And an angel would say, all the more reason to not to. You have what you want.
Penelope: You don't have a perfect transcript.
Isabel: But you don't need one. You're in. Ugh! I hate having to play the angel.
Penelope: I know, the Devil is so much better.
Gossip Girl: Some endings take a long time to reveal themselves. But when they do, they're almost too easy to ignore. Some beginnings start so quietly, you don't even notice they're happening. But most endings come when you least expect them. And what they portend is darker than you've ever imagined. Not all beginnings are cause for celebration. A lot of bad things begin, fights, flu season and the worst thing of all... Want to be starting something? XOXO. Gossip Girl.
Dramatis Personae Edit
- Blake Lively as Serena van der Woodsen
- Leighton Meester as Blair Waldorf
- Penn Badgley as Dan Humphrey
- Chace Crawford as Nate Archibald
- Taylor Momsen as Jenny Humphrey
- Ed Westwick as Chuck Bass
- Jessica Szohr as Vanessa Abrams
- Kelly Rutherford as Lily van der Woodsen
- Matthew Settle as Rufus Humphrey
- Connor Paolo as Eric van der Woodsen
- John Shea as Harold Waldorf
- Yin Chang as Nelly Yuki
- Nicole Fiscella as Isabel Coates
- Amanda Setton as Penelope Shafai
- Zuzanna Szadkowski as Dorota Kishlovsky
- Dreama Walker as Hazel Williams
Special Guest Stars Edit
- William Abadie as Roman
- Laura Breckenridge as Rachel Carr
- Desmond Harrington as Jack Bass
- Jan Maxwell as Headmistress Queller
- John Bolton as Bruce Caplan
- "Against Privacy" by Cold War Kids
- "Der Holle Rache Kocht in Meinem Herze" by Mozart
- "The Double" by We Fell To Earth
- "Mexican Dogs" by Cold War Kids